You must be at least eighteen years old, or of the applicable age of majority, in order to use Cryptoniteatm Services. Cryptoniteatm does not intentionally collect information from or about any individual who is under eighteen years old. If you are under eighteen years old, please do not provide your information on our Site. Upon notification that a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete the child’s personally identifiable information from our records unless otherwise required by law. If you believe we might have any information from a child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we collect information about you
We will collect data you directly provide to us when you interact with the Services, contact us, create an account, sign up to receive texts or emails from us or otherwise use the Services. When you visit the Cryptoniteatm website, use Cryptoniteatm Services, or use third-party services which use the Cryptoniteatm application programming interface (“API”), we may collect information sent to us through your computer, mobile phone, or other access device through cookies or similar technologies. We may also receive personal information about you from our third-party affiliates or partners and from marketing companies that provide us with such information as part of their relationship with us. We may combine any of the data we collect or receive about you.
What we collect
We collect the following categories of personal information: (1) basic contact information, including your name, email address, street address, city, state, zip code, and telephone number; (2) identity verification information, including your taxpayer or government identification number, a copy of your government-issued identification, birth date, age, gender, nationality, other information about you containing in documents provided to verify your identity, and information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.; (3) financial information, including the full bank account and routing numbers or credit card numbers that you link to your Cryptoniteatm or use to pay for transactions on the Services and crypto wallet addresses you use in connection with the Services; (4) technology information, including your IP address, device identifier, device name and type, operating system, location, mobile network information, and (5) standard web log information, such as your browser type, traffic to and from our site, and the pages you accessed on our website.
When you use Cryptoniteatm Services, we or companies we work with may place small data files such as cookies, web beacons, log files, or pixel tags on your computer or other device. We use these technologies to:
- Recognize you as a Cryptoniteatm customer;
- Customize Cryptoniteatm Services, content, and advertising;
- Measure promotional effectiveness; and
- Collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk, help prevent fraud, and promote trust and safety.
We use both session and persistent cookies when you access our Services. Session cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your browser until you erase them or they expire.
We also use Local Shared Objects, commonly referred to as “Flash cookies,” to help ensure that your account security is not compromised, to spot irregularities in behavior to help prevent fraud, and to support our sites and services.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website. The help section of most browsers or browser add-ons provides instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling cookies.
At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” or “DNT” signals.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. Personal information does not include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user. Cryptoniteatm takes reasonable precautions, as described herein, to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We store and process your personal and transactional information, including certain payment information, on our computers in the United States and elsewhere in the world where Cryptoniteatm facilities or our service providers are located, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable U.S. federal and state regulations. By providing us with your personal information, you understand that we are transferring it to such systems and locations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. Full credit card data is securely transferred and hosted off-site by a payment vendor in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). This information is not accessible to Cryptoniteatm. Please be advised, however, that while we take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information, such measures cannot be guaranteed to be secure. Cryptoniteatm cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your personal information.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your Cryptoniteatm Account information, including user name, password, PIN, and other access credentials. When using Cryptoniteatm kiosks, you are responsible for ensuring that your information is not collected or recorded by persons around you.
We store our customers’ personal information securely throughout the life of the customer’s Cryptoniteatm Account. Cryptoniteatm will retain your personal information for a minimum of five years or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to resolve disputes.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide Cryptoniteatm Services and customer support you request;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems which may occur in the Services;
- Improve or maintain the Services;
- Prevent and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, or violations of our posted user terms;
- Customize, measure, and improve Cryptoniteatm Services and the content and layout of our website and applications;
- Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties;
- Comply with legal requirements.
We will not use your personal information for purposes other than those purposes we have disclosed to you, without your permission. From time to time we may request your permission to allow us to share your personal information with third parties. You may opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties, or from allowing us to use your personal information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which we originally collected it or subsequently obtained your authorization. If you choose to so limit the use of your personal information, certain features or Cryptoniteatm Services may not be available to you.
Consent to Processing and International Transfers
Cryptoniteatm is a global business and may process, transfer, and store information about users of the Service on servers located in a number of countries, including the United States. As a result, your personal information may be subject to data protection and other laws that may differ from your country of residence. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate. By using the Services, or by providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance, and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as, or equivalent to, those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize Cryptoniteatm Services, content, and advertising. You may “opt out” of receiving future communications from us for direct marketing purposes by indicating that you decline such communications. You may choose to have your name taken off of our email list after you have registered or provided additional information by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you opt-in to Cryptoniteatm Mobile Messaging Program, as defined in our Terms of Service, we will only use information you provide through the Program to transmit your mobile messages and respond to you, if necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing information with platform providers, phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of mobile messages. WE DO NOT SELL, RENT, LOAN, TRADE, LEASE, OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER FOR PROFIT ANY PHONE NUMBERS OR CUSTOMER INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE PROGRAM TO ANY THIRD PARTY. However, as with all information collected by Cryptoniteatm, we reserve the right at all times, to the extent permitted by law, to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide information in connection with the Program, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information. You agree not to use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If, in Cryptoniteatm’s sole discretion, we believe that any such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or you have opted into the Program for an ulterior purpose, we may refuse you access to the Program and pursue any appropriate legal remedies.
How personal information is shared with other Cryptoniteatm Users
To process your payments, we may share some of your personal information with the person or company to which you transfer or from which you receive cryptocurrency. Your contact information, date of sign-up, the number of payments you have received from verified Cryptoniteatm users, and whether you have verified control of a bank account are provided to other Cryptoniteatm users with whom you transact through Cryptoniteatm. In addition, this and other information you disclose to Cryptoniteatm may be shared with third parties who may provide, upon your authorization, ancillary services which access your Cryptoniteatm Account. Unless you have agreed to it, these third parties are not allowed to use this information for any purpose other than to facilitate your transactions using Cryptoniteatm services.
If you use your Cryptoniteatm Account to transfer Bitcoin in connection with the purchase or sale of goods or services, we or you may also provide the seller with your shipping address to help complete your transaction with the seller. The seller is not allowed to use this information to market their services to you unless you have agreed to it. If an attempt to transfer Bitcoin to your seller fails or is later invalidated, we may also provide your seller with details of the unsuccessful transfer. To facilitate dispute resolutions, we may provide a buyer with the seller’s address so that goods can be returned to the seller.
In connection with a Bitcoin transfer between you and a third party, including merchants, a third party may share information about you with us, such as your email address or mobile phone number which may be used to inform you that a transfer has been sent to or received from the third party. We may use this information in connection with such transfers to confirm that you are a Cryptoniteatm customer, that Bitcoin transfers are enabled, and/or to notify you that you have received Bitcoin. If you request that we validate your status as a Cryptoniteatm customer with a third party, we will do so. You may also choose to send Bitcoin to, or request Bitcoin from an email address. In such cases, your user name will be displayed in an email message notifying the user of the designated email address of your action. Please note that merchants you interact with may have their own privacy policies, and Cryptoniteatm is not responsible for their operations, including, but not limited to, their information practices.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology srvices. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your informateion in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
- Third party identity verification services in order to prevent fraud. This allows Cryptoniteatm to confirm your identity by comparing the information you provide us to public records and other third party databases. These service providers may create derivative data based on your personal information that can be used by the service providers solely in connection with provision of identity verification and fraud prevention services;
- Financial institutions with which we partner;
- Companies or other entities that purchase Cryptoniteatm assets pursuant to a court-approved sale under U.S. Bankruptcy law;
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when:
- We are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure;
- We are compelled to do so under applicable regulatory obligations; or
- We believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement; and
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Cryptoniteatm will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy. Before Cryptoniteatm shares your information with any third party that is not acting as an agent to perform tasks on behalf of and under the instructions of Cryptoniteatm, Cryptoniteatm will enter into a written agreement requiring that the third party to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as required hereunder.
If you share information about your Cryptoniteatm Account or use of the Services on a third party website or via a third party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on a Cryptoniteatm website) will be shared with the owner of the third party website or application and your information may be subject to their privacy policies.
In general, we will notify you of material changes to this policy by updating the last updated date at the top of this page, and we will provide you with explicit notice of material changes as required by law. We recommend that you visit this page frequently to check for changes.
How you can access or change your personal information
Special Notice to California Residents
In compliance with California law, we provide California residents with certain information and access upon request (“Consumer Request”). This Policy outlines how California residents can request the information and what you can receive.
If you would like to submit a Consumer Request, you can contact Cryptoniteatm at support@Cryptoniteatm.com. If you choose to submit a Consumer Request, you must provide us with enough information to identify you and enough specificity on the requested data. Cryptoniteatm will only use the information it receives to respond to your request. Cryptoniteatm will not be able to disclose information if it cannot verify that the person making the Consumer Request is the person about whom we collected information, or someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
- Request to Access. You may submit a Consumer Request to obtain a copy of or access to the personal information that Cryptoniteatm has collected on you.
- Request to Know. You may submit a Consumer Request to receive information about Cryptoniteatm’s data collection practices. You may request information on the categories of personal information (as defined by Florida law) Cryptoniteatm has collected about you; the categories of data collection sources; Cryptoniteatm’s business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; the categories of third parties with whom Cryptoniteatm shares personal information, if any; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Please note that the categories of personal information and sources will not exceed what is contained in this Policy. Additionally, Cryptoniteatm is not required to retain any information about you if it is only used for a one-time transaction and would not be maintained in the ordinary course of business.
- Request to Delete. You may request that Cryptoniteatm delete your personal information. Subject to certain exceptions set out below we will, on receipt of a verifiable Consumer Request, delete your personal information from our records and direct any service providers to do the same.
Please note that we may not delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected;
- provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive activity, and take all necessary and appropriate steps to mitigate current and future risk;
- debug and repair internal information technology as necessary;
- undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Cryptoniteatm may not, and will not, treat you differently because of your Consumer Request activity. As a result of your Consumer Request activity, we may not and will not deny goods or services to you; charge different rates for goods or services; provide a different level quality of goods or services; or suggest any of the preceding will occur. However, we can and may charge you a different rate, or provide a different level of quality, if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided by your personal information.
Special Notice to Nevada Residents
Cryptoniteatm does not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to third parties. However, if you are a resident of Nevada and would like to submit a request not to sell your personally identifiable information, you may do so by emailing us at support@Cryptoniteatm.com
The Services may contain links to third-party owned or operated websites, including, without limitation, social media websites (each a “Linked Site”), as a convenient method of accessing information that may be useful or of interest to you. This Policy and the practices that we follow under this Policy do not apply to Linked Sites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy, or opinions expressed on any Linked Site or for the privacy practices or security standards used by third parties on such Linked Sites. These Linked Sites have separate privacy and data collection practices, and we have no responsibility or liability relating to them.
You understand and agree that by clicking on a link to a Linked Site, you have left our Site and this Policy, as stated on the Site, is no longer in effect.
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, or if you have a complaint, you should first contact us.